Model Number & replacement Machines

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
wkeller

Model Number & replacement Machines

Post by wkeller »

Hi All: I have an El Degas acoustic but can't quite make out the model number. I think its F185 but the "1" is very ambiguous.
Is there anyone who is knowledgable about the various model numbers, what mine might be and what it might signify?
Also, one of my machines is broken and I'm trying to find a replacement without much luck. Any help would be appreciated.
I would include phots but I cant quite figure out how to do that.
Thanks
Warren
charles
Site Admin

Re: Model Number & replacement Machines

Post by charles »

F185 is likely the correct model number.

The F models seem to be early copies before the more recognizable model number nomenclature (GL, MT, GB, etc.) started being used. It's probably a copy of a Martin acoustic, but if you can post some photos (see below for info) that will help greatly in identifying what the model is meant to replicate.

You might be best to replace all the tuners at the same time. They didn't use anything all that special so most modern tuners are an upgrade!

You can post photos by uploading them to a hosting service such as Flickr, Imgur, etc. and then posting IMG tags here on the forum. If you try to post them and it does not work I can help - so long as I have the URLs for the images I can fix up your IMG tags.

Example:

Code: Select all

[img]https://www.imgur.com/myimage.jpg[/img]
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)