El Degas Thinline Tele .... info please?

Talk about and show off your El Degas instruments here.
mjt0

El Degas Thinline Tele .... info please?

Post by mjt0 »

Hi all ...

I just picked this thinline copy and it's very pretty but I can't know any details about it. this forum seems the best.

Electrics are sketchy and I cant tell what the pickups are but it sounds sweet (when the switch works) ... its a 24.75" scale and needs a little love. Ive disassembled and cleaned (and cleaned and cleaned) and have ordered a new 3-way harness. She will sing ....

Looks just like this one
https://s95.photobucket.com/user/andaco ... t=3&page=1

Looking for some info ..
* Year?
* Pickup manu?
* How to add images to forum posts?

:)

Thanks all
M
charles
Site Admin

Re: El Degas Thinline Tele .... info please?

Post by charles »

I love Tele's and really like the look of the thinlines... I have two different models of this body style (both the S/H and the H/H configurations). Congrats on the guitar :D

Not too sure on the era on these but it's generally believed to be the 1970s.

The pickups are probably some generic Japanese manufacturer - some other models used stuff from the likes of Maxon.
They are the "fender split humbucker" style which you can replace with any number of manufacturer's pickups. (I like inexpensive pickups so here's a link to some split humbuckers at GFS Pickups)

See this post for image posting
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Post by Barry »

The Thinline is on my "want" list, just something about them that's appealing ya know?
Not crazy about humbuckers on a Tele though. I've got a Les Paul for that. :D

And hey, ya gotta love the Mother-of-Toilet-Seat pick guard :mrgreen:
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

I bet you'd like the S/H version, Barry. You still get a spanking Tele bridge single coil sound with a warm full neck HB.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)