New Acquisition El Degas GB84

Talk about and show off your El Degas instruments here.
charles
Site Admin

Re: New Acquisition El Degas GB84

Post by charles »

That's very helpful to know - probably MIJ then, unless someone stuck a MIJ sticker on it (which I'd figure is doubtful).

As I noted way back in an older post, I've never seen a Jumbo acoustic that I could call "confirmed" as a MIK. They've all been MIJs as far as I could tell.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
padaman

Post by padaman »

I've got an El Degas GB84 Series 2 as well. I inherited from my father in the early nineties and have held on to it since. It's identical to the one in photos and in pretty good shape. To be honest, I've never been really happy with it as a guitar, but it does look nice. Just found this forum as I'm thinking of getting a new acoustic to replace it and was looking at the background of the brand. I might post it on the buy & sell.
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Hi padaman, I recommend also listing the guitar on your local Kijiji - there are some people who like this brand that regularly check there for listings. (Traffic here on the forum is not huge)
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)