Awesome catalog scan submitted by a forum user

Talk about and show off your El Degas instruments here.
charles
Site Admin

Awesome catalog scan submitted by a forum user

Post by charles »

First off, a BIG thanks to D.B. for the generous submission of your time to scan this catalog. It made my day.

This is a great find. This El Degas catalog scan gives us some good info about how B&J had their model nomenclature and "lines" during whatever era this is (of course they do not have a date on the catalog, too bad!). You can see that bolt-on and set-neck/neck-through models are both represented.

Interesting to see the back page has "B&J a Division of Hornberger Music". Hornberger Music? A search brought up this site I had never seen before, for B&J (I was aware they still operate but this site must be new in the last year or two): http://www.bjmusic.ca/about.html "It was in 1931 that George L. Hornberger opened his first office on University Avenue in Toronto as the official representative of Buegeleisen & Jacobson for Canada, Central America, South America and the West Indies. To cover this “modest” territory he traveled by rail and steamer, with a trunkload of miniature samples to show his customers." Now that is some interesting history of the company's presence in Canada! There is some more info at that site so definitely head over and take a read.

Without any further rambling - the catalog:
http://s84.photobucket.com/user/whitegr ... atalog%202

You'll notice this album is called "El Degas Catalog 2". Well, I have another catalog to share... in about 10 minutes. I'll sticky both of these catalog threads at the top of this forum so they are the most visible.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Re: Awesome catalog scan submitted by a forum user

Post by Barry »

Indeed, thank you D.B.! Image
What a great resource. Finally, an actual catalogue.

Good find on the B&J site too Charles. New one on me as well.
cikasrba

Post by cikasrba »

Great!!
Thanks a lot !!! :D
fmj355

Post by fmj355 »

I spotted this on craigslist in Vancouver, since I regularly do an El Degas search. (does this mean I have an El Degas problem?) :)

I couldn't let it slip by and the guy was asking what I thought was an acceptable price.

I have gotten lots of good information from this site so I was more than happy to share it.

Don

PS. Thanks again to Charles for the site being here to share with. :)
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

fmj355 wrote:I regularly do an El Degas search. (does this mean I have an El Degas problem?) :)
Maybe. :mrgreen:

Thanks again.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)