El Degas GB-29 Info

Talk about and show off your El Degas instruments here.
KR170

El Degas GB-29 Info

Post by KR170 »

Hello all,
I had this guitar passed down to me from an uncle. I have no intention of playing and will most likely be selling.
Looking for any kind of information on this model, there is no serial # and looks slightly different than other GB-29 that I can find.
If anyone has insight for me or rough evaluation (or offer) I would be happy to find this guitar a loving owner who will appreciate it!
It was most likely purchased in the 70's in Ontario, Canada by my best guess. Cheers!
charles
Site Admin

Re: El Degas GB-29 Info

Post by charles »

Your GB-29 is a copy of the Gibson Super Jumbo J-200. Made in Japan, 1970's.

No idea what you should ask for in terms of price - I see these priced all over the place lately. (A couple of folks have been trying to sell similar models for quite outrageous prices lately... and who knows, maybe they'll get them. I doubt it, personally.) I own the 'burst model, and seem to remember it being somewhere in the CAD$500 region. It's very difficult right now to even guess what the market would bear.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
KR170

Post by KR170 »

Thank you Charles!
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Good luck with the sale, saw your eBay listing this morning.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

Ferrport

Post by Ferrport »

I am the purchaser of KR170’s GB29. It is a beautiful instrument with a story as an heirloom from KR’s family member. It is a pleasure and an honour to be the next custodian of this beautifully crafted instrument. Special thanks to KR170 for the sale.
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Congrats!

Barry

Post by Barry »

Well done fellas, nce to see it's gone to a good home.

I've always fancied one of these, just a beautiful instrument.
Paulay8

Post by Paulay8 »

I have this exact same model....beautiful sound on it. Always wondered what is is worth.
Also wondered where this model was made and when?
Did a few searches on line ....everywhere ....and neither pics or info about it comes up except here. wonder why it is literally unknown...its such a beautiful looking and sounding guitar.
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Paulay8 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:54 am I have this exact same model....beautiful sound on it. Always wondered what is is worth.
Also wondered where this model was made and when?
Did a few searches on line ....everywhere ....and neither pics or info about it comes up except here. wonder why it is literally unknown...its such a beautiful looking and sounding guitar.
See my reply above for info on what this is and where & when it was made (to the best of our knowledge)