Post by charles »

El Degas
Grabber bass
Natural finish

1970's
Made in Japan
Bolt-on neck
Sliding pickup
Bridge has been replaced with a baddass style bridge with a shim (to keep the original bridge bushings intact and installed should you want to purchase and install an original style bridge)
3rd fret has what I can best describe as an "impact dent" (pictured)

El Degas was a brand of guitars made in Japan and then later in Korea for Beugeleisen & Jacobsen in New York, NY for sale in Canada (later sold to Kaman Music). I have other El Degas guitars for sale - I have many El Degas guitars and have been looking at their history for some time. http://www.eldegas.com/forum

You won`t see another one of these anytime soon - very cool bass

SOLD!

Last edited by charles on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
gaskett33

Grabber bass

Post by gaskett33 »

Hi Charles,

Would you part out the grabber bass? I have my own and could use the neck and the little string guides through the body.

Arthur / Gaskett33
charles
Site Admin

Re: Grabber bass

Post by charles »

gaskett33 wrote:Hi Charles,

Would you part out the grabber bass? I have my own and could use the neck and the little string guides through the body.

Arthur / Gaskett33
The neck has one damaged fret from the previous owner.

A luthier may be able to reshape & crown it, but I am not sure.

How many string ferrules do you need? I might have a few extras.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

gaskett33

ferrules

Post by gaskett33 »

I have two right now (ferrules) - so two more would be great.
The neck I have has a nasty warp in it, so a bad fret doesn't sound too bad.
I have a luthier here in Winnipeg that wants to see my grabber to see what he can do with it, but I'm not holding out too much hope he'll correct it. Or do it relatively inexpensively.

Art
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

I can take a photo of the fret for you, let me know.

I have some spare ferrules - those are really hard to find, huh? Closest I could find were Tele import-style ferrules, but they are still slightly different diameter.

I'm really hoping to sell the whole bass at once but I suppose I can look at parting it out.

charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

I'll let the whole bass go for $225 + shipping. I can lower the shipping cost by removing the neck from the body as well, since you're interested primarily in the neck.