Can't find model # anywhere

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
Shawse77

Can't find model # anywhere

Post by Shawse77 »

So I traded for an eldegas mod # mt-4ne made in Korea many years ago. It is an acoustic electric. Does anyone know of this model and did the ever make an acoustic electric or is it an after market peice?
charles
Site Admin

Re: Can't find model # anywhere

Post by charles »

There were some acoustic/electric MIK models. The electronics ought to be stock, though I suppose an owner somewhere along the line could have always monkeyed with or replaced some of the electronics. You can never tell what's been done to these guitars over all the years.

I've never had my hands on one personally, but I've seen listing for them over the years. Often, they have quite attractive green or blue 'burst finishes.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Shawse77

Post by Shawse77 »

Thanks for the response this is some info I was lookin for, I traded a Yamaha years ago for this one cause of the electric aspect of the guitar. I'm just a campfire player but always wondered the origin of eldegas this is a great forum
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Happy to help. You should post some photos of your guitar!
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

Shawse77

Post by Shawse77 »

I'd love to post a pic but can't seem to find an upload button
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »