Played: A model 760W LP

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
Barry

Played: A model 760W LP

Post by Barry »

Last Wednesday, a customer popped into the shop carrying what we now know is a model 760W white Les Paul copy (thanks to the recently added catalogue scan).
He was a recently retired teacher who had bought the guitar some time ago in a pawn shop, for...$100!! Arrrrggghhhh! :evil:
Sorry, tension reliever.
Had to be done. The pickups alone are worth more than that!
To satisfy my curiosity, I took out the pickups and confirmed that they were indeed Dimarzio's! Wow, what a sound!

This was really the first time I had had the chance to play one of these babies. And it was grand!
It was yellowed from age, and not any where near the original snow white colour. And the gold hardware had definitely seen better days. BUT when I had finished setting her up...oh my! :shock:

'course, now I've got some serious GAS for one of these. :mrgreen:
charles
Site Admin

Re: Played: A model 760W LP

Post by charles »

So that's the bolt-on model, correct? (Still getting used to the model nomenclature from the catalog)
$100 for a Les Paul copy with Dimarzios is a super price. Lucky guy.

Enjoy the GAS Barry :mrgreen:
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Re: Played: A model 760W LP

Post by Barry »

Yup.