GL-36 help

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
mclovin

Re: GL-36 help

Post by mclovin »

Hey Charles, forgot to ask. Did they ever make the GL-36 with a pickup? Mine has a pickup. Not a piezo but nice install with a jack back pin, with some kind of pickup underneath the bottom of the bridge. looks old. Next time I change the strings, I will try a get a pic of it. And works good...
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

mclovin wrote:Hey Charles, forgot to ask. Did they ever make the GL-36 with a pickup? Mine has a pickup. Not a piezo but nice install with a jack back pin, with some kind of pickup underneath the bottom of the bridge. looks old. Next time I change the strings, I will try a get a pic of it. And works good...
Not that I have heard of. My guess is it's a music shop install or user install.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Yup, most likely an after-market installation. I've done a lot of them at the shop on everything from el Cheapo brands to Martins.
The most common type is this LR Baggs http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessor ... tic-pickup

There are others around which are more complicated (read: "expensive") but this gets the job done very nicely for most folks.
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Sounds like a good modification. I use one of these ugly suckers if I want to plug in an acoustic: http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-SEY-SA1-LIST
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Yeah, I have a sound hole pickup as well made by Artec which I can use on three of my acoustics including the ED Dove.
Mostly though if I want amplification it's quicker to grab one of the Ovations than fiddle with installing it. :?