How much is a El Degas Lucite Stratocaster worth?

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
Barry

Re: How much is a El Degas Lucite Stratocaster worth?

Post by Barry »

Nice!
Perfect stage guitar...as long as your back can stand it, eh?
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

1982 wrote:Here's the lucite El Degas in action:

https://youtu.be/ANJNK6SwFD0
That's great! I take it that's you? The guitar looks great - definitely a nice match for the clear Ludwig kit. 8)

Great song, by the way :D
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)

Post by 1982 »

Thanks, glad you dig the song/guitar. Yup, it weighs a ton, but it hasn't been bothering me, at least so far. The video shoot was a couple hours of playing and my shoulder held up fine. I've noticed that the body is thinner than a Fender strat, which I assume was done on this particular model in order to reduce the weight, or are all El Degas strats like that, even the wood body ones?
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

I can't say for sure, but I would bet that the thinner body profile is a feature specific to the lucite Strat copies for the exact reason you mentioned - weight reduction. As far as I know, the wood bodied Strat copies have a normal body profile.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

sambonee

Post by sambonee »

All I can say is wow. Great video. The guutar is fabulous. How do the pickups sound?

I've always been into switching mine right away. I've found that they're the weakest point in the magnificent guitars and basses.

Great song too!!
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Yeah - man, I really like that song. It seems right in-line with my memories of my youth watching Much Music in the 90s - I would expect to see your song in the mix with things like The Breeder's "Cannonball" and some Spacehog or early Blur. Really takes me back! I've checked out your stuff on Bandcamp and you have a new fan.

Oh, and if you ever decide to sell the Lucite Strat, I might be interested. :)

Post by 1982 »

I haven't had a chance to experiment a great deal with playing the guitar through my full amp setup, mostly just at home with a crappy little practice amp so I can't comment too much on the pickups. But so far I'm actually pretty surprised at how nice they sound.

I also grew up watching Much Music in the 1990's, so that observation is right on point :)