Hello-o-o-o?

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
Barry

Hello-o-o-o?

Post by Barry »

Is anybody home?
I can't believe it's been almost a year since my last post! :roll:

I do check in regularly to see what's happening but it's sad to see that there is nothing going on at all. :|
What's happened to all our el Degas players?

Charles, thanks for maintaining this site despite the lack of activity. We're seeing similar drop off on both the Westone and Matsumoku Forums, and it's a sad thing to behold. If folks are still playing guitar they must be buying cheap new ones from China instead of well built vintage MIJ ED's.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Charles.
And to any remaining Forum members, get out that el Degas and play yer socks off! :mrgreen:
charles
Site Admin

Re: Hello-o-o-o?

Post by charles »

Hi Barry!

Traffic has definitely dropped off... so much so that I had not even noticed my emails for eldegas.com had not been delivered to me :shock: :lol:

I hope the drop off of visitors and questions means the forum provides a decent amount of info for people so they are not needing to reach out, but who knows! There's such a flood of low-cost Chinese copy guitars out there that these old Japanese beauties are not comig around much any more, perhaps.

Happy holidays to you. Always nice to see you around.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)