EL DEGAS GB@%

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
poppa1

EL DEGAS GB@%

Post by poppa1 »

Hello all
I'am new to this so bare with me
I have a EL DEGAS modle GB25 with serial # 4080087,that I bough in the early 70's it is in excellent condition and I would like to know how much it is worth
If anyone could help,it wouls be great
Thank You
POPPA1
charles
Site Admin

Re: EL DEGAS GB@%

Post by charles »

It's getting tougher to give an estimated value on El Degas guitars.

There is a range of models where the demand can be higher or lower for the specific body style you're selling. They are old enough now that the condition may or may not play a significant role in the worth. The market is now being flooded with Chinese copies of just about every kind of guitar under the sun so finding someone who wants one of these 30-50 year old copies can be tough depending on the model. I've actually seen some for sale listings of the guitar models I'd have considered to be of the highest demand in past years, selling for peanuts. The market is really strange right now.

Regardless, you could likely price it somewhere in the $250-500 range but be prepared to have your mileage vary on what happens next. As with anything, you can put any price on any thing, but you need an interested and motivated buyer in order to actually sell it.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Re: EL DEGAS GB@%

Post by Barry »

Hello poppa1 and welcome.
I too have a GB25 (Dove) Made in Japan which I bought in 1975. It's beautifully made and I love it!

You should understand that this is a fan appreciation site, we're not merchants. Charles has outlined it very well, the value will depend on the whims of the open market and not what we may think the value is.

All you can do is look on the various online sales sites and try to get a sense of what it has sold for in the past, then post an ad with your best realistic estimate and wait for the response. Good luck.