Telecaster body wood

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
jesse1d

Telecaster body wood

Post by jesse1d »

Just picked up a cream MIJ el Degas Telecaster, no serial #, and I'm guessing late 70's manufacture. Wondering if anyone knows what body wood was used on these and if they were 2 pc bodies?
charles
Site Admin

Re: Telecaster body wood

Post by charles »

Not sure on that one - have not opened up any of my Telecasters to find out. Sorry!
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Pix might help...if you can see the grain. Otherwise, looking in a cavity might offer a clue, unless the inside is painted with black shielding paint. :?
ItchyFingers

Post by ItchyFingers »

*perk* EL Degas made Teles? Now you've got my attention. Pics, I want pics. lol.
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

ItchyFingers, I have several El Degas Tele models. I've been meaning to get around to taking better photos of all my guitars so I'll try to do that soon and make a bunch of threads in the Show & Tell section of the forum - I have a busy couple of weeks coming up so I'll aim for the end of the month.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Good idea Charles. Look forward to seeing the Master Collection! :mrgreen:
ItchyFingers

Post by ItchyFingers »

It'd be cool to see those. I am new to Degas Guitars. I once had 11 guitars on my wall but after building 5 Tele styles (one even out of spruce 2x4s for testing pickup combinations), I've settled on Teles as my guitar of choice., Mostly I like the body style that fits into the corner of my couch so nicely.
I never could find a neck that spoke to me and so I had to build my own. Super beefy. My old arthritic hands don't seem to like thin necks.
With this first Degas there's still 4 empty hooks on my wall. One never knows what the future will bring. Lemme see those Degas Teles. My electric GAS is totally cured but you never know. After seeing the construction of this acoustic, I'll be keeping an eye out for a Degas Tele for sure.