Looking for info about MT3 model

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
Sammjcg

Looking for info about MT3 model

Post by Sammjcg »

Hello, I never join these types of websites but after hours of googling, and this being the most helpful site I've found so far. I was hoping that someone can give me information on the MT3 model.
I read the information on the MT4 and that the "MT" series was for the Martin replicas but I can't find a thing on the MT3. Its a smaller acoustic. I actually found on the side of the road. Seems to be in good shape and tuned up no problem. If anyone has any information regarding how old it is, or what it's worth that would be awesome. Thank you :)
charles
Site Admin

Re: Looking for info about MT3 model

Post by charles »

Hello and welcome!

Photos are always most helpful on these - the headstock and headstock logo, as well as the sound hole label are always a great place to start; then a nice shot of the guitar body front and back.

Take a look at the thread about posting photos (there's a sticky thread on this topic on every forum) if you need help on hosting & posting photos.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Re: Looking for info about MT3 model

Post by Barry »

You found it by the side of the road? Sheesh! :?

Unfortunately the ED model numbers varied so much over time they're almost useless in identifying the guitar type. As Charles says, please give us some pictures and maybe we can make a better assessment.

You did mention that it was a smaller acoustic. Is it a classical style (nylon strings) by any chance? If not, I'd guess from that remark that it could be either a 3/4 scale or a parlour model.
"A little song, a little dance. A little seltzer down your pants." --Chuckles the Clown
M U S I C : http://getback.barryeames.com
G U I T A R S : https://legend.barryeames.com/