Hello..!! Lucite Strat!

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
bigfoot

Hello..!! Lucite Strat!

Post by bigfoot »

Hi all, new to the forum and looks great!
Been playing guitar for years and El Degas reminds me of playing Sabbath covers in an arsenal of garages in Mississauga when I was a kid..lol.
I'm NOT Brand loyal at all..a good guitar is a good guitar! And I've found Norman guitars, Seagull, El Degas, Japanese Fenders, Old Vantage all to be awesome!
I recently found a mid 70's Transparent Lucite Stratocaster copy El Degas! what a bloody beautiful sounding guitar! Large Fender style headstock, brass saddles, brass nut...and it just SCREAMS and the tone is outstanding
Here to learn more and talk and laugh!
Thanks for havin me!
Last edited by bigfoot on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfoot

Re: Hello..!!

Post by bigfoot »

Sorry, I should've added more info on the Strat.
all original, not sure what the pickups are, but they are amazing!
1 volume, 2 tone knobs, 5 way selector and as many tonal ranges as you can muster. 1 pc Maple neck 21 frets. Classic Fender headstock. Brass saddles, brass nut.
Except for the El Degas logo on the headstock in a funny faux white pearlish colour, there is no markings or numbers on this axe. Nada, squat...anywhere.
I'm not sure what this guitar weighs..but it's ALOT ehavier than you'd think...I was surprised when I picked it up! It has MASS, and the sound is amazing! Seriously....amazing!
I got it for an absolute STEAL! Case as well came with it, but the case is in ROUGH shape.
charles
Site Admin

Re: Hello..!! Lucite Strat!

Post by charles »

Those transparent Strats definitely have some weight to them. Congrats on the score. :)

If you get a chance to take some photos, I'd love to see them. I've seen a few photos in my travels of Acrylic/Lucite EL Degas Strat copies but not for a while now.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
bigfoot

Re: Hello..!! Lucite Strat!

Post by bigfoot »

Thanks,I'll post some in the next few days here, I'd like to clean her up and give her a set up.
I just found this link today....can't really beleive that they got this price for it....but mine is exactly the same...
link below
http://www.njams.net/product/show/73