NOS 680 El degas

Talk about and show off your El Degas instruments here.
canpuna

NOS 680 El degas

Post by canpuna »

Hello All !

I have been lurking around for some time now and figured I would upload my newest find. I have a had a few El's over the years but this one is pretty cool.

charles
Site Admin

Re: NOS 680 El degas

Post by charles »

That 'El Degas loves Dimarzio' tag is so neat. If you ever think about throwing it away please contact me first, and I'll shoot you some bucks to put it in an envelope to me so I can preserve it with the rest of my ED collection.

This is the blue painted version of this model:

Good to know about the "680" model number, I can't remember if I knew about that before or not.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
canpuna

Post by canpuna »

It came as part of a lot of stuff I bought. I will prob be putting it up for sale or taking it to a swap meet in Alberta in April...I am an accoustic man :)
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Well, if you want a few dollars for just the Dimarzio tag, be sure to let me know :D
I like to see those sorts of El Degas tchotchkes preserved.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Wow! That's just so amazingly cool to find at this late date!
In another post I drew the conclusion that this model was likely a re-branded Greco. I don't suppose there are any clues on anything that would give us some indication as to manufacture/date etc?
Love that colour too.
"A little song, a little dance. A little seltzer down your pants." --Chuckles the Clown
M U S I C : http://getback.barryeames.com
G U I T A R S : https://legend.barryeames.com/