My first electric guitar will be El Degas.

El Degas Marketplace
charles
Site Admin

Re: My first electric guitar will be El Degas.

Post by charles »

There are many places online to buy new tuners such as StewMac, AllParts, WD Music, many many more.

You can also contact your local musical instrument store and see if they have a tech on staff who can check out the guitar and replace the tuners if necessary.
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Rap98

Post by Rap98 »

charles wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:06 pm There are many places online to buy new tuners such as StewMac, AllParts, WD Music, many many more.

You can also contact your local musical instrument store and see if they have a tech on staff who can check out the guitar and replace the tuners if necessary.
Thank you., i will contact nearby guitar shop in my area...
Barry

Post by Barry »

Rap98 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:11 pm Hi can i use my guitar without loosing its tune? i notice that my guitar after a few songs it is out of tune, my brother said i have to change the tuning peg,, is there any other solution not to change the tuning peg? or if its the only solution where can i buy tuning peg for the guitar?
First, I assume that you are not using the original strings, are you? Old strings can cause tuning problems.
If you have changed them are they are properly installed and wrapped on the posts? The Tele tuners are not like regular tuners and need a different technique to string the guitar. The strings are inserted into the hole then bent and brought out through the slot. Then wound.

If that's OK check is that the tuners are not loose. Given the age of the guitar that's very possible. Screws should be snug but not over tight.
If you're still going out of tune the problem is likely the nut. Strings can bind in the slots. Try some lubrication in the slots like graphite (pencil shavings)