My first electric guitar will be El Degas.

El Degas Marketplace
Rap98

My first electric guitar will be El Degas.

Post by Rap98 »

Wish me luck... i will post the photo here once i got it by tomorrow. Its a very beautiful guitar lady first owned. 40 years old guitar. With its original case which is very in good condition.
charles
Site Admin

Re: My first electric guitar will be El Degas.

Post by charles »

Good luck, let us know how it turns out for you!
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Rap98

Post by Rap98 »

I cant upload the pictures here so i uploaded it in gdrive. Heres the link and enjoy :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... ptfId2mcKi
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Oh, I like that a LOT :shock:

I'm jealous!
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

Rap98

Post by Rap98 »

Hehehe., Thanks :) i havent seen any of this in the internet. Just need some set up because it is a 40 year old guitar. It was made in japan. :)
Barry

Post by Barry »

That's a beautiful Tele clone.
And she even has her original "ashtray" bridge cover! Very cool!
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

Rap98 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:47 pm Hehehe., Thanks :) i havent seen any of this in the internet. Just need some set up because it is a 40 year old guitar. It was made in japan. :)
The logo style on the headstock tells me this is one of what I call the more "deluxe" models made in Japan, that I consider to normally have a bit finer fit & finish than some similar models from El Degas (though after 40 years a lot can happen!).

I have a lot of El Degas Teles but this one would have made me consider 1 more!

Rap98

Post by Rap98 »

Barry wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:22 pm That's a beautiful Tele clone.
And she even has her original "ashtray" bridge cover! Very cool!
Thanks bro.,, lucky to have this guitar.. lol
Rap98

Post by Rap98 »

charles wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:53 pm
Rap98 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:47 pm Hehehe., Thanks :) i havent seen any of this in the internet. Just need some set up because it is a 40 year old guitar. It was made in japan. :)
The logo style on the headstock tells me this is one of what I call the more "deluxe" models made in Japan, that I consider to normally have a bit finer fit & finish than some similar models (though after 40 years a lot can happen!).

I have a lot of El Degas Teles but this one would have made me consider 1 more!
woah, how many el degas guitar you have? i totally agree, the fit and finish is really good and i can feel the age of the guitar while playing it... hehe., and i really love the strap too, the design looks from the 70s-80's, my first thought it's a new strap but it is the original strap made in japan as well. looks very new to me.
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

I have over 30 El Degas instruments and 4 of those are Tele variants.... what can I say, I'm an El Degas fan :wink: :mrgreen:

I've had the good fortune to have many many ED's in and out my hands over the past 20 years, and while I've been able to focus on "quality over quantity", the "quantity" part of it eventually became part-and-parcel with that focus!

Barry

Post by Barry »

charles wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:33 pm I have over 30 El Degas instruments ...
It's a disease I tells ya!
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

I can stop anytime I want... honest. :shock: :lol:

Rap98

Post by Rap98 »

charles wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:33 pm I have over 30 El Degas instruments and 4 of those are Tele variants.... what can I say, I'm an El Degas fan :wink: :mrgreen:

I've had the good fortune to have many many ED's in and out my hands over the past 20 years, and while I've been able to focus on "quality over quantity", the "quantity" part of it eventually became part-and-parcel with that focus!
Thats badass ... lol,, do we have the same guitar? its like an addiction to drugs its really hard to stop eh? lol
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

I have a TV Yellow Tele copy with the same classic S-S pickup configuration and ashtray cover as yours; only mine does not have that pretty inlaid headstock logo (it's got the gold decal-style logo). The other three are: 72 Tele Custom copy (S-H), Tele Thinline copy (S-S), Tele Thinline copy (S-H).

Rap98

Post by Rap98 »

charles wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:57 pm I have a TV Yellow Tele copy with the same classic S-S pickup configuration and ashtray cover as yours; only mine does not have that pretty inlaid headstock logo (it's got the gold decal-style logo). The other three are: 72 Tele Custom copy (S-H), Tele Thinline copy (S-S), Tele Thinline copy (S-H).
Hi can i use my guitar without loosing its tune? i notice that my guitar after a few songs it is out of tune, my brother said i have to change the tuning peg,, is there any other solution not to change the tuning peg? or if its the only solution where can i buy tuning peg for the guitar?