Purchased a "Mint" 70's MIJ El Degas Strat

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
jmfnf

Purchased a "Mint" 70's MIJ El Degas Strat

Post by jmfnf »

Hi all,
Brand new forum user; brand new topic!
I just (like 45 minutes ago) purchased this guitar from the shop (not using shipping) in Toronto, but can't pick up until tomorrow:
https://reverb.com/item/40110257-el-deg ... caster-70s
According to the shop, it's virtually unplayed and still comes with like-new warranty and hang-tag.
I'll be playing it for the first time tomorrow, shooting it out with a Peavey Raptor from the 90's (one of my personal fav strat knockoffs, dont ask me why) on a JCM 800 50 watt combo.
I stumbled upon this forum after my purchase, and I think it's so cool that there are folks like you talking about these mystery pieces after all these years!
I've done a bit of research into the 'company' and a little bit of scrolling on this forum, but haven't yet seen anything like what I've just purchased.
I know what I just bought doesn't have the coveted 4-screw bridge plate, but I couldn't pass up on something seeming this rare, especially because I've got three days to decide if I want to hang on to it or return for full refund (thanks Covid!)
Is there anything specific that I should look out for / be wary of in the limited time that I've got the the piece before it can't be returned?
Any info very much appreciated!
I'll give an update for posterity once I've actually got the darn thing in my hands.
Thanks all!