My El Degas

Talk about and show off your El Degas instruments here.
rocket

My El Degas

Post by rocket »

Well I noticed a bunch of stories posted about everyone's El Degas guitars. I got mine 5 years ago at a guitar swap meet for $180. It's quite beat up, seemingly superficially. At one point someone used it as a lefty because there's a drill hole on the bottom, with tons of gashes all over it. I liked how it felt worn in and mostly because it has coil tapping options. The pickups are the best feature. It's heavy but solid feeling. I don't play it much I have to admit because even when I tune it up, it always sounds off somehow and this annoys me. Any ideas of why that might be? I posted a picture of mine in the Showcase thread.
I see El Degas guitars for sale on Craigslist here all the time and I'm tempted but then I remember how my guitar sounds out of tune even when I tune it up. I'd love to fix the issue because I like the road warrior look and the pickups. I'm usually a Fender fan, so I'd like my one humbucker equipped guitar to function.
Cheers
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

You might want to try checking the intonation - that could cause your notes to be slightly "off" up and down the neck.

A good set-up might be in order.

Thanks for posting!
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
rocket

Post by rocket »

charles wrote:You might want to try checking the intonation - that could cause your notes to be slightly "off" up and down the neck.

A good set-up might be in order.

Thanks for posting!
The intonation is right, but I guess taking it in to a tech would probably be my best bet. Cheers.
By the way, I love the Rickenbacker knock offs.
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

rocket wrote:By the way, I love the Rickenbacker knock offs.
Me too :)
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)