Alcivar

Open discussion on anything - guitar mods, the weather, guitar links, parts ... just keep it clean!
nmeisenh

Alcivar

Post by nmeisenh »

Was curious if anyone knew much about the brand Alcivar? Seems to me to be another one of those mysterious MIJ brands. My guitarist has a beautiful Les Paul copy that he swears plays as well as his real one, which he bought for about 10 times the price, the only downside is the electronics have taken a bit of a dump after all these years.
charles
Site Admin

Re: Alcivar

Post by charles »

Back in the 70's there were a ton of white label brands trying to capitalise on the poor era of management Gibson & Fender were experiencing. I would not be surprised is some of these Alcivar instruments and some El Degas instruments were built by the same people.

Seems that many of them are just different labels on instruments coming from the same handful of manufacturers in Japan or other parts of Asia. (in fact this is still happening today, different white label brands and manufacturers, but same basic idea)
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)