Looking for info ?

Talk about and show off your El Degas instruments here.
glrac

Looking for info ?

Post by glrac »

Hi everyone i just joined this group as i too have an el degas guitar which i think sounds great. I picked it up at a garage sale for five dollars its a cl40 classical guitar in great condition. Does anyone know how old it is or what a fair market value is for this model ? i would appreciate any input you might have THANKS !
charles
Site Admin

Re: Looking for info ?

Post by charles »

I have not come across these models personally. Some of them seem to be from much later in the brand's timeline, and are even built in places like Romania. I don't have any idea as to the definite dates of manufacture.

I usually see the classical models going for $150 or less, as low as $25-50 sometimes.

Pretty non-conclusive stuff. :wink:
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

El Degas stable as of 03/2022: 42 :shock: (13 bass, 26 electric, 3 acoustic)
Barry

Post by Barry »

Jeez, another tale of finding a jem in a junkstore! I never have such luck.
$5!? How can you go wrong? Enjoy it. Play it.

And how about some pictures please? You would help add to the fledgling forum's library of knowledge. All pix and info are badly needed and gratefully received. :P
"A little song, a little dance. A little seltzer down your pants." --Chuckles the Clown
M U S I C : http://getback.barryeames.com
G U I T A R S : https://legend.barryeames.com/
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

If you can, please also let me know if the sound hole label has a model #... thanks! :D

I might already have a photo of the particular model, and this will let me know for sure. Very much appreciated!
I started ElDegas.com many years ago to help celebrate and inform about El Degas instruments. It all started with a used Ric 4000 bass copy I bought in circa 2000.

glrac

Post by glrac »

yes the label inside the guitar says its model c l 40 made in korea by el degas . and yes for five dollars i can not go wrong . i cant believe how rich the tone is from this little gem it resonates forever it seems it better than some much more expensive guitars i have had over the years . anyhow cheers to all who replied to my ad i will see if i can get my son to post a pic of it on here soon ok have a great day . carl
charles
Site Admin

Post by charles »

I'd be happy to see some photos - I have pics of the CL-141 but none of the other El Degas classical guitars.
Thanks!